Vice President Sales Engineering & Delivery (m/f/d)
E-commerce continues to grow dynamically, and payments are an important part of it. Payments are one of the last big areas vulnerable to disruption and optile has a superior range of solutions and unique value propositions that will help us to succeed within this growing market.
We are expanding our team and are looking for smart, enthusiastic and passionate Vice President of Sales Engineering & Delivery (m/f/d) in a full-time position to work in our management team in our Munich office.
Your mission is to be both, a key leader and executor in managing optile’s enterprise prospects and customers through all phases of their lifecycle with optile, starting from requirements engineering, initial onboarding and ongoing support, integration architecture, payment portfolio setup and testing & delivery of end-to-end solutions from our product line-up.
Among others, optile’s target market consists of the Fortune 500 and as such our customers often require us to fit our products into existing processes and IT landscapes. Once Sales has made the initial contact, you and your Sales Engineering team will work with the customer to understand the territory of our integration and propose changes to Product Management where they make sense. Your onboarding and project management team will help the customer to integrate our solutions in a way to achieve the best possible results. Your Delivery team will ensure that our customer-specific requirements are met during and after integration.
- prepare and deliver excellent technical presentations and documentation to explain optile products on different levels together with your team
- deeply understand optile’s products and customer requirements to identify possible solutions for our target markets
- help steer and elaborate optile’s product roadmap in collaboration with Product Management
- define, measure and communicate KPIs to constantly improve optile’s performance in our target markets
- Interface with Sales, Customer Success, Tech, Legal and Security as necessary to make our customers successful on our platform
- advise non-technical sales teams in strategic planning and interface with Marketing to constantly improve our messaging with insights from your work
- build repeatable processes to fulfill and scale your team’s mission
- attract, develop and motivate a talented team of high performing Sales Engineers, Project Managers, Onboarding Managers and Delivery Engineers (currently about 10)
- grow the team, establish a good remote office culture and built-up remote Sales Engineering & Delivery teams for the US and Asia (in 2020)
- technical education and/or work experience
- operational skills in REST APIs and other common web technologies
- deeply analytical mindset and a broad understanding of ecommerce technology
- world-class communicator in strong verbal and written English. Being able to distill complex processes into structured explanations in front of different target audiences including C-level executives
- ability to consult the potential customers by creating and explaining sequence diagrams of API flows
- understanding of potential worries and troubles of customer’s software architects and developers
- leading a team of humans with empathy and a bias toward repeatable and scalable process and quality delivery
- 2+ years proven experience in building or leading teams
- work experience in the IT Industry
- background in Requirements Engineering
- experience in Payments
- project Management experience is a plus
- good communication skills in verbal and written German
WHAT WE OFFER
- a dynamic and spirited team that knows how to have fun
- high potential for personal development
- the ability to have an impact and shape the future of optile
- a working environment built around people
- other extraordinary benefits including free beverages, weekly team dinners, a flexible working style, a spacious, naturally lit office space, and more