Sales Engineer (m/f/d)
E-commerce continues to grow dynamically, and payments are an important part of it. Payments are one of the last big areas vulnerable to disruption and optile has a superior range of solutions and unique value propositions that will help us to succeed within this growing market.
We are expanding our team and are looking for a smart, enthusiastic and tenured technical Sales Engineer (m/f/d) in a full-time position to be part of our team in our Munich office.
Your mission is to manage the needs of optile’s enterprise prospects and customers through various phases of their lifecycle with optile, starting from requirements engineering, initial onboarding and ongoing support.
Among others, optile’s target market consists of the Fortune 500 and as such our customers often require us to fit our products into existing processes and IT landscapes. Once Sales has made the initial contact, you will work with the customer to understand the territory of our integration and propose changes to Product Management where they make sense. As a result, you will support sales, merchant onboarding, and product management especially when non-standard technical complexity (and/or requirements for optile) arise from the customer side.
- understand the customers’ products, processes and technical requirements of payment processing across all their channels
- match these with a deep (API level) understanding of existing optile products
- prepare potential solution concepts together with optile product management
- make recommendations, consult customers, and facilitate their decisions on a technical level
- bring agreements with customers into contracts together with the sales, product and legal departments
- document solution expectations for testing through the delivery team
- support customers on technical questions regarding new or existing solutions
- assist merchant’s technical teams throughout implementation by acting as main point of contact for the client for all implementation-related activities
- strong analytical skills
- excellent communication and presentation skills, fluent in English
- technical understanding with the ability of creating technical diagrams about data flows between systems, such as UML sequence and other technical diagrams
- a hands-on, startup-, and team player attitude
- willingness to travel for offsite customer meetings
- fluent in German
- experience in the e-commerce and/or online payments industry
- experience in requirements engineering involving multiple international stakeholders
- software development project planning know-how
- experience in IT consulting
WHAT WE OFFER
- a dynamic and spirited team that knows how to have fun
- high potential for personal development
- the ability to have an impact and shape the future of optile
- a working environment built around people
- other extraordinary benefits including free beverages, weekly team dinners, a flexible working style, a spacious, naturally lit office space, and more